Social Determinants of Health Series: Building Healthy Communities
March 27, 2020
Friday, March 27, 2020
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Ventura County Office of Education
5100 Adolfo Road, Camarillo, CA
Dr. Anthony Iton, MD, JD, MPH, is Senior Vice President for Healthy Communities at The California Endowment. He oversees the organization's 10-Year, $1 billion statewide commitment to empower residents in 14 cities across California with the worst health outcomes to fight for changes in their communities that will help them lead healthier lives. Prior to his appointment at The California Endowment, Iton served as the Director and County Health Officer for the Alameda County Public Health Department.
Do you want to help build a healthier community in Ventura County?
A healthy community depends on human, institutional, organizational and environmental resources available within the community. Community happens when people connect with each other. The healthy community encourages interaction. We support efforts to create or expand on the types of systems that make up the healthiest, most equitable communities. For instance:
- Consideration of health and equity in decisions about how communities are planned, designed and built; and that encourage healthy living.
- Local data that help illustrate what a healthy community can look like, identify local gaps and challenges, set common goals for improvement.
- Networks of people and organizations who appreciate the many social, economic and environmental factors that shape health - and want to make a difference.
Please join us for an inspiring call to action!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?Policymakers, Educators, Mental Health Professionals, Community-Based Organization Leaders, Health Care Professionals, Public Health Leaders, Planners and Transportation Professionals.
REGISTER NOW!Register now > https://www.eventbrite.com/e/building-healthy-communities-registration-91711045205
Light breakfast and refreshments will be provided. RSVP by March 20, 2020.
- Social Determinants of Health Series: Designing a Healthier Community - Join the Conversation, November 16, 2018
- Social Determinants of Health Series: Healthy Communities - Promoting Wellness & Achieving Health and Mental Health Equity, May 2, 2018
> Download SDOH Event Invite
SDOH Event Invite