VCkidsFYI: Prescription Drug Abuse. What you need to know
Most teenagers who abuse prescription drugs are given them for free by a friend or relative.
How Are Prescription Drugs Abused?
- Taking someone else’s medication.
- Taking a drug in a way other than prescribed.
- Taking a medication to get high.
Don’t make it easy
- Lock up your meds
- Keep track of pill quantities
- Properly dispose of unused medications
- Block access to online pharmacies
- Participate in county prescription drug take-back days
- Learn the facts on Rx drug abuse
- Talk about it
- Featured Website: http://turnthetiderx.org/#
If you're concerned about signs of drug use with your child, call (805) 981-9200 to talk with a professional at VCBH, Alcohol & Drug Programs, Youth Services, Monday through Friday, 8 AM - to 5 PM.