Mapping Marijuana: Community Planning Resources
Mapping Marijuana is a Community Planning Compass for Youth Health & Safety. It is a guide for Policymakers and looks at how our communities might change in regards to these sectors: Neighborhoods, Businesses, Schools, Public Safety, Healthcare, and Environment. We've included links to useful resources in the planning process.
A CHECKLIST FOR POLICYMAKERS
- Review existing policies that might be strengthened to help prevent marijuana youth access and availability. Example: Social Host Ordinance.
- Establish a baseline of local marijuana data to monitor and evaluate its effects over time.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in your community to determine multiagency impacts and recommended strategies.
- Study model ordinances, successful policies and promising practices of other cities, counties and states.
- Coordinate policy efforts with other municipalities.
- Organize community meetings to develop an understanding of citizens’ interests and concerns about marijuana.