RESOURCES FOR PATIENTS AND STAFF ABOUT THE PROBLEMS AND PREVENTION OF PRESCRIPTION DRUG MISUSE
SAFE PAIN PRESCRIBING RESOURCES AND GUIDELINES FOR PATIENTS & PROVIDERS
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing for Emergency Departments Flyer- English
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing for Emergency Departments Flyer- Spanish
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing for Urgent Care Flyer - English
- Safe Pain Medicine Prescribing for Urgent Care Flyer - Spanish
- Guideline Resources: CDC Opioid Guideline Mobile App
- CDC Releases Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Checklist fo r prescribing opioids for chronic pain
Rx FOR PREVENTION
OVERDOSE PREVENTION RESOURCES - NALOXONE
NO. O.D. For information about getting a free Overdose Rescue Kit Call (805) 667-NO-OD. Naloxone can reverse ODs caused by opioid drugs (heroin, prescription pain meds or methadone). You Can Save A Life.
SAFE DRUG DISPOSAL
National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day April 29th – 10am to 2pm
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse and medications. Check out the locations in Ventura County for opportunities to dispose of your unwanted medications, and keep your home safe. Talk about the risks of drug misuse, early and often.
> Rx Disposal Sites
Sign up for the YAPP APP at http://my.yapp.us/HEROINHERE
Join us to discuss Coping with the Heroin and Opioid Crisis in Ventura County.
DATA & RESEARCH
- Taking Action to Address Opioid Misuse, Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT). SAMHSA