Use of Ventura County's Prescription Drug Disposal Program
Ventura County is actively engaged and committed to preventing prescription drug misuse and abuse. One of the ways the County works to address the issue locally is by reducing access, especially to teens. VCBH Alcohol and Drug Programs, in collaboration with the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, established a countywide Rx disposal program that allows residents to safely dispose of unused, unwanted, or expired Rx medication via secure, confidential disposal bins.
Source: Ventura County Community Health Survey, 2014-15
Since 2009, over 16 tons of Rx drugs have been collected and destroyed by the Ventura County Rx Abuse & Heroin Workgroup partners in the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office.
Source: Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, February 2017
Call your local police department for safe, confidential drop-off bins.
Camarillo Police Department, 3701 East Las Posas Road, Camarillo (805) 388-5100
East County Patrol Station, 2101 East Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks (805) 494-8260
Fillmore Police Department, 524 Sespe Avenue, Fillmore (805) 524-2233
Headquarters Patrol Station, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura (805) 654-2304
Moorpark Police Department, 610 Spring Road, Moorpark (805) 532-2700
Ojai Police Department, 402 South Ventura Street, Ojai (805) 646-1414
- Port Hueneme Police Department, 250 North Ventura Road, Port Hueneme (805) 986-6530
- Simi Valley Police Department, 3901 Alamo Street, Simi Valley (805) 583-6950
Sharps Disposal Guidelines> Home Generated Sharps
What You Can Do
- Commit to safely disposing of your prescription drugs
- Get the facts on Rx & OTC drug abuse
- Dispel the myth that Rx drugs are safe to abuse
- Know the signs and symptoms of drug use
- Monitor and secure all medications