OVERVIEW: Rx Disposal Sites
Commit to a Prescription Drug Safety Plan
1 IN 5 TEENS
have abused prescription drugs.
got them free from friends or family.
The misuse of prescription drugs is second only to marijuana as the nation’s most prevalent drug problem. Properly dispose of expired and unused medications. Make a commitment to keeping our homes and communities safe. It's easy. If you do just one thing, commit to safely disposing of your prescription drugs.
Ventura County Sheriff's Office - Unused/Expired Prescription Medication Bin Collection Totals - First Half of 2014
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office collected 2,830.3 pounds
of unused/expired medications through the first six months of 2014. During 2013, they collected a total of 5,288.2 pounds of unused medication.
What You Can Do
- Commit to safely disposing of your prescription drugs
- Get the facts on Rx & OTC drug abuse
- Dispel the myth that Rx drugs are safe to abuse
- Know the signs and symptoms of drug use
- Monitor and secure all medications
Disposal Bin Locations
Call your local police department for safe, confidential drop-off bins
Here are a few locations throughout the County.
- Camarillo Police Department, 3701 East Las Posas Road, Camarillo (805) 388-5100
- East County Patrol Station, 2101 East Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks (805) 494-8260
- Fillmore Police Department, 524 Sespe Avenue, Fillmore (805) 524-2233
- Headquarters Patrol Station, 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura (805) 654-2304
- Moorpark Police Department, 610 Spring Road, Moorpark (805) 532-2700
- Ojai Police Department, 402 South Ventura Street, Ojai (805) 646-1414
- Port Hueneme Police Department, 250 North Ventura Road, Port Hueneme (805) 986-6530
- Simi Valley Police Department, 3901 Alamo Street, Simi Valley (805) 583-6950
- Ventura Police Department, 1425 Dowell Drive, or at the Westside Resource Center, 110-K N. Olive St., Ventura (805) 339-4400. By appointment – please call ahead.
To Learn More
What You Need to Know about Rx Abuse & Heroin.
See PEERx: Teen Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention website
, an online educational initiative to discourage abuse of prescription drugs among teens. This is a helpful and easy to read site for your teens and helps to start the dialogue about drug abuse.
Rx & Heroin Abuse: Ventura County RESPONDS